OYSTER BOY

OYSTER BOY was built in 1943 by Frank Curtis of Looe as a Naval Pinnace for the Admiralty. She is of carvel construction, has a larch hull on steamed oak frames and a Gardner 4LW diesel engine.

The vessel was first registered as a private motor yacht in 1957 at Birdham Pool, Chichester Harbour. It has been in private ownership ever since and for over thirty years it was moored on the Tidal Thames in London. Since spring 2016 the boat can now usually seen on the East Coast between the Blackwater and Lowestoft. Now owned by Hugh Davis.

She is with us to have her rotten planks removed and then replaced.

By |2019-07-26T14:42:04+01:00July 26th, 2019|Projects, Uncategorised|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment